Sign in to follow this  
FinalFen

FIXED EPIC RESPAWN TIMERS

FinalFen    20

Hello guys, it's time for yet another wall of text sponsored by FinalFen.

Today I would like to discuss something that has a great concept but cant achieve it's full potential due to iffy game mechanics - Epic Raid Bosses.

Even though I heavily dislike the concept for regular raid bosses, I was always in love with the Epic bosses concept. Those epic mass PvP's at baium/antharas were always great fun and something to wait for. Often clustered rooms unlike in sieges, allowed plenty of unconventional mass pvp classes (mainly melee's) to have their share of fun, because kiting wasn't THAT big of a factor. 

So if the concept and design is cool, where's the issue ?

Issue lays in the fact that often Epic Raids turn into Ninja Raids. They can spawn during awkward times when some/many are at work/sleeping. Instead of being a source of Epic PvP fights, they are source of laugh and frustration. Another issue is that some of raids which are rather easy to quickly bring down, dies even before most can react. Look at Ant Queen, you can send 1 high lvl party, log in couple Sorc boxes and kill the AQ before enemies will even enter the Ant Nest.

In my opinion those Epic Raids should be indicators of which group/clan/ally is currently strongest on the server and let them capitilise on it instead of making some of the Epics a simple ninja fests.

Another issue is that I don't feel like camping for EPICS with logged in boxes/watchers brings anything positive to the gameplay. It brings no real fun and often is just source of annoyance where someone selected by the ally need to constantly keep on checking on the other screen if boss didnt spawn already.

Ok so going straight into solutions to fix mentioned by me issues:

1) SET FIXED RESPAWN TIMES FOR DIFFEREN EPICS

- I.E. you could set it that if AQ spawns always at a selected hour which could be the prime online time of the server

- If we had baium in the future we could set it so he spawns always at prime hour and during no-siege days only

2) IMPLEMENT NPC ANNOUNCING EPIC BOSSES RESPAWN TIMERS and TIED THEM TO THE SERVER PRIME ONLINE TIME

- So in every town there could be an NPC who after triggering would give us a small window indicating how many minutes are left for each EPIC to respawn

- Additionally  there could be added a global Announcer informing 60 -> 30 -> minutes that EPIC will respawn soon and then announce when it actually spawns

- If you didn't want to set a fix hour of respawn you could at least set it that the EPIC would spawn not earlier nor later than 2-3h from the prime time

BENEFITS:

1) more great mass pvp's on the serer

2) if you think of a smart schedule you can ensure that everyday there will be a really good reason to login and get a portion of guaranteed PvP <- higher online

3) less annoyance of not being able to contest ride due to unreachable spawn hours

4) less ninja actions (it's not a freaking assasiins creed :f)

DISSADVANTAGES:

1) QQ ME WANT VANILA QQ FOCK NOOB SHIET PRIWAT SERWER

Pansen    87

Just my personal view on that:

I like the idea of the town npc counting down the time ... maybe it should not show the exact time, but the time when the spawning time starts ... camping that place for a while provides us with longer PvP :) . Also a chat announcer saying the epic rb is alive  now sounds nice to me ... 

I just don't like the idea of fixed times, because this is a world server ... you will not find a time that's good for all the players . It will always benefit one side of the server ... either Europeans or Americans for example 

Thx for your effort 

Cheers ^^

FinalFen    20

Maybe you are right about the camping factor motivating players to PvP, but at the same time if you leave respawn timers like now +/- couple hours often it will generate a lot of issues with some people not having the opportunity to be here for 8h waiting for RB. Others would like to PvP for 30-60 min, kill EPIC and be free to do w/e they want. I could agree that leaving some randomness might be good, but at the same time I would make it so that EPIC can spawn somewhere between 0-60 min from his default spawn timer.

And about server being international I don't know man, it feel like it's usually  EU/RU only and even if we get horde of chinesse they won't care anyway since all they do is bot and sell RMT :D But on a more serious note, to solve such an issue you could make 2 spawning hours that rotate. One could be in the prime time in EU and the other prime time for china.

gszell91    6

Hell yeah, lets show the exact time of spawning! :D
More ppl will go there and no1 will have to camp.
More ppl, more pvp etc, less time wasted for sitting there doing nothing (been there, done that... :S )

Actually on the world map, it shows if regular raid bosses are alive or not at the moment, idk if it works for epics too.

• Like 1

Pansen    87
10 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Maybe you are right about the camping factor motivating players to PvP, but at the same time if you leave respawn timers like now +/- couple hours often it will generate a lot of issues with some people not having the opportunity to be here for 8h waiting for RB. Others would like to PvP for 30-60 min, kill EPIC and be free to do w/e they want. I could agree that leaving some randomness might be good, but at the same time I would make it so that EPIC can spawn somewhere between 0-60 min from his default spawn timer.

And about server being international I don't know man, it feel like it's usually  EU/RU only and even if we get horde of chinesse they won't care anyway since all they do is bot and sell RMT :D But on a more serious note, to solve such an issue you could make 2 spawning hours that rotate. One could be in the prime time in EU and the other prime time for china.

China will not be an issue but south America will be ... this server was already running an interlude versions for a while and the amount of Brazilians and Europeans were pretty equal ... 2 different times could solve the problem yea , but I am not sure if  supreme is willing to do any kind of customisation tbh... 

About the spawning window I totally agree with you... 0 to 60 minutes would be perfect for me too as a casual gamer who might be able to play 5h a week xD

• Like 2

FinalFen    20
On 1.09.2017 at 9:17 PM, Pansen said:

2 different times could solve the problem yea , but I am not sure if  supreme is willing to do any kind of customisation tbh...

You don't have to announce everything you do on the server ;) Lineage 2 club has plenty of customisation of which players dont know and it's prospering quite well.

The funny fact about l2 community is that everyone is crying "I want vanila not some modified crap" but in reality 95% of these people don't even know what vanila server stands for. They don't know plenty of mechanics and wouldn't be able to tell the difference if something was changed. Now I do agree that Epic Boss respawn timer is a big deal and there will be plenty of people who realise the difference, but at the same time I don't believe that it would create some kind of dissapointment and anger. People care the most about vanila working abilities, farming zones and PvP balance rest is unimportant for most.

• Like 1

gszell91    6

Also, honestly on every bloody goddamn server i played at, ALL epic bosses spawn times were different.

And none of them matched the official servers epics boss spwans. Even normal raids didnt match official server.

Who on earth would wait 48 hours of random? Hell no!

And so i played on all of these servers back in interlude, and we still didnt call them custom servers, just coz they had different epic timers.
We were happy to only camp 4 hours at AQ lol ^^