Welcome to Home

Welcome to the L2 Warpgate forum. Register now to gain access to all of our unique features. Once registered and logged in, the accounts you will create will be linked to your forum account - allowing you to manage your game accounts easily. Next to that - you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

fodemhouse

CLASSIC SERVER RATES

Hello guys, just my 2 cents here... 

We have 3 oficial servers with low rate:  Innova EU / Korea / Russian

We have 1 private server named classicclub x3 wich has been for a while since start of classic AND is a failure... I played there, online people are becoming less and less...

My question is: WHY THE HELL do you guys think 5x will have players ??? I played on every classic server out there, the reason why people leave is because we need to be 24/7 farming non stop ( YES WITH BOT ) to be competitive... So really, do you still think a private server will have more people than official one ? With same rates ??? 

Official rates are not 1x, they make a lot of events with double xp etc... So yeah, 5x is another failure... I know you are gonna be mad, but thats reality, and I hope you can understand that 5x has no difference from 3x or 1x... 

I give u the formula to be sucessfull here, right now, easy... Make it 20x, or make it with non linear rates or something...

ex>

1-10 = 10x

10-30 = 20x

30-50 = 30x

50-80 = 40x

Really think about it, because your server will be empty in 3 - 4 months for sure... 100% if u stay with 5x rates... I've been on every classic server, I know what I am talking about...  

That's a Classic mid rate already IMO in which we will have one aswell with rates above 10x / discussed in the future.

About Current x5 rates you should continue discussing here: 

Thanks for your feedback so far

Whatever rates i will play. Sooner or later i will reach top gear :D
No problem.

I say 3x rates are good. Even 2. Im not in any rush.

L2 Dawn peaked, and still stayed alive for 2 years. Even tho it was a slow growth server (ppl were not professional 24/7 farmers mostly)

New forum backgr looks good btw, time to bring on the pre-alpha :D

On 24.06.2017 at 1:56 AM, fodemhouse said:

My question is: WHY THE HELL do you guys think 5x will have players ??? I played on every classic server out there, the reason why people leave is because we need to be 24/7 farming non stop ( YES WITH BOT ) to be competitive... So really, do you still think a private server will have more people than official one ? With same rates ??? 

Rates aren't the issue. Real issue lays in a retarded lvling curve invented by koreans which looks like this:

• 1.jpg.9c473fbb6113291a7e0c164944369fa7.jpg

At some point it seem's like you'r not leveling and a single death can take away 3 h of grind from you.

In my opinion if you want to create a classic server which won't discourage people to play after reaching 50+ levels you should change the exp table at higher levels. In my opinion levels:

50-60 should be only slightly slower than 40-50

60-70 should be only like 2 times slower than 40-50

70-74 since it won't be necessary/game breaking untill S grades come into play, can be like current high levels - grind fest so that there's is something to do when you are bored - end game, hard to achieve goal

1 more thing which discourages newer players is the fact that Raid Bosses offer extreme exp/gold gain. Benefits of killing RB are so high that some feel rly demotivated when simply fighting the mobs. This gets even worse if you look at the fact that most valuable RB's will be controlled by a very small ammount of people, making it completelly out of reach for more casual players who will simply feel like a group of people is cheating while they have to strugle in the grind fest. RB's are ok when server economy is already well-developed and has a lot of medium and top (B-A) equpiment so it gets a lot less valuable and RB's start to function more as gap closers for some.

Anyways I know I'll get flamed for this idea, but in my opinion Raid Bosses should be disabled in the early stages of the server, or their drop/exp should be changed so they offer no usable equpiment or EXP, but give some noticable benefits to Clans (like a big drop of PoB, points/gold that could be exchanged only for clan halls, etc).

On that note I feel like clan halls shouldn't be permanent either as it demotivates some groups who considered joining server couple of months after fresh start. I feel like every clan hall should be rented for a period of 1 month. Decision on who should have the luxury of renting a particular clan hall should be made based on results of some kind of PvP colliseum tournament where teams of 3/6/9(?) would be fighting against each other, and those who gather the most points/get to the furthest tournament rounds should gain the rights to choose a clan hall for some fee.

Just my 2 cents ;] Gl, hf

1 person likes this